- Brought together broad-based organizational members representing medical and public health laboratory professionals, educators, industry, and accreditation, certification and governmental agencies to develop strategies to on the workforce shortage.
- Partnered with Abbott for the Labs are Vital program. CCCLW has continued to have a close working relationship with the program initiatives and has facilitated the Labs and Lives Spotlight on Laboratory Professionals.
- Reviewed and compiled state laboratory workforce initiatives to use as models.
- Strengthened our collective understanding of the issues impacting the workforce shortage and raised the visibility of these activities within the individual organizations.
- Collaborated with Labs Are Vital to manage the content of www.Labsciencecareers.com
- Worked with governmental agencies to educate and raise visibility of the laboratory workforce shortage and provided input on current governmental documents.
- Engaged industry partners in workforce issues.
- Addressed workforce issues by partnering with the Health Professions Network (HPN).
- Advocated for educational programs by responding to potential closures and presenting information regarding the criticality of the laboratory workforce shortage.
- Initiated industry scholarships with Dade/Siemens that have benefited nearly 700 students. $125,000 is currently awarded annually through the Siemens-ASCP program.
- Developed and maintained a CCCLW Website that included workforce data, recruitment tools and articles about the workforce shortage and potential solutions. This website is currently being renovated and will be available in the near future.
- Created an overall awareness of workforce issues, with clinical laboratory educators, managers and practitioners through networking, providing presentations at societal meetings and publishing articles in organizational newsletters and journals.
- Promoted the laboratory professions to other healthcare professionals and the general public through consistent messages and strategies for dissemination.
- Created recruitment posters for use at national meeting exhibits.
- Developed a recruitment toolkit and provides access to each member recruitment tools