About the CCCLW
The CCCLW is a coalition of laboratory organizations working together to ensure a high quality workforce.
The Coordinating Council on the Clinical Laboratory Workforce, a united voice of clinical laboratory organizations and stakeholders, focuses our collective efforts to:
- Increase the number of qualified clinical laboratory professionals
- Increase healthcare and public awareness of our value in achieving positive patient outcomes
- Enhance the image of clinical laboratory professionals
The Coordinating Council on the Clinical Laboratory Workforce unites clinical laboratory organizations and other stakeholders on workforce issues. The CCCLW will work collectively to:
- Identify workforce issues and initiatives to address these issues
- Foster educational efforts at all clinical laboratory levels
- Develop models for demonstration projects that are patient-focused and to validate the value of the clinical laboratory professional as it relates to positive patient outcomes
- Promote partnerships with health care providers, industry, foundations, and organizations interested in the future of the clinical laboratory profession
- Cultivate relationships with advocates external to the profession
- Provide a balance between future vision and current clinical laboratory practice
Ongoing Strategic Plan
- Build on the foundational work of CCCLW with the goal of making a difference in resolving the workforce shortage by supporting ongoing initiatives
- Develop metrics to monitor impact of workforce initiatives
- Seek funding from stakeholders, such as industry partners, for a broad-based promotional campaign to raise awareness of the workforce shortage and implement solutions
- Continue to develop an advocacy strategy with legislative bodies and regulatory agencies
For more information, contact Susanne Norris Zanto, CCCLW Chair, at LaboratorySolutionsZ@gmail.com
Understand your lab tests: Lab Tests Online
Lab Tests Online is an award-winning health information web resource designed to help patients and caregivers understand the many lab tests that are a vital part of medical care. Since its launch in 2001, Lab Tests Online has helped millions of users learn about their tests and discuss them more clearly with their healthcare providers.
Help make this site better and more useful by providing us with your valuable feedback!
LET US KNOW WHAT YOU THINK