- The CCCLW has brought together broad-based organizational members representing medical and public health laboratory professionals, educators, industry, and laboratory accreditation/certification/governmental agencies to develop strategies to on the workforce shortage.
- Partnered with Abbott for the Labs are Vital program. CCCLW has continued to have a close working relationship with the program initiatives and has facilitated the Labs and Lives Spotlight on Laboratory Professionals.
- Reviewed and compiled state laboratory workforce initiatives to use as models.
- Strengthened our collective understanding of the issues impacting the workforce shortage and raised the visibility of these activities within the individual organizations.
- Collaborated with Labs Are Vital to initially establish the content for www.Labsciencecareers.com
- Worked with governmental agencies to educate and raise the visibility of the laboratory workforce shortage and provided input on current governmental documents.
- Engaged industry partners in workforce issues.
- Addressed workforce issues by partnering with the Health Professions Network (HPN; https://hpnonline.org/).
- Advocated for educational programs by responding to potential closures and presenting information regarding the criticality of the laboratory workforce shortage.
- Initiated industry scholarships with Dade/Siemens that have benefited nearly 700 students. $125,000 is currently awarded annually through the Siemens-ASCP program.
- Developed and maintained a CCCLW Website that included workforce data, recruitment tools, and articles about the workforce shortage and potential solutions.
- Created an overall awareness of workforce issues, with clinical laboratory educators, managers, and healthcare practitioners through networking, providing presentations at societal meetings, and publishing articles in organizational newsletters and journals.
- Promoted the laboratory professions to other healthcare professionals and the general public through consistent messages and strategies for dissemination.
- Created recruitment posters for use at national meeting exhibits.
- Developed a recruitment toolkit and provides access to each member recruitment tools.
Understand your lab tests: Lab Tests Online
Lab Tests Online is an award-winning health information web resource designed to help patients and caregivers understand the many lab tests that are a vital part of medical care. Since its launch in 2001, Lab Tests Online has helped millions of users learn about their tests and discuss them more clearly with their healthcare providers.
Help make this site better and more useful by providing us with your valuable feedback!
LET US KNOW WHAT YOU THINK